Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tests, stress, and a weekend with the best...

    My Gastric Emptying test is scheduled for 8:00am on Thursday which means no food or pills 24 hours prior. I have posted notes on the fridge and pantry doors to remind myself not to eat. I will be drinking a lot!! Especially drinks high in sodium and electrolytes. I apologize in advance for my crankiness and short temper. Remember, I will not have eaten, my blood pressure will be lower than usual and I can't eat salt to fix it, and I will not be able to take medicine for my nausea. You have been warned. I am excited to finally be taking this test and hopefully it will help the doctors help me feel better.
    This college thing is not going well for me so far. I went to sign up for my online classes and most all of them are filled. I need to take at least 12 course credits to hold off the payment of student loans. Right now I am signed up for 11 credits and am optimistically awaiting someone to drop a math or english class. Needless to say I am stressed. I don't understand why or how I always do this to myself but here I am once again.
    Exciting news!! I will be back in Pottersville, NY this weekend to see all my BI friends...and graduate, of course. It will be a very long drive so I will most likely feel horrible while I am there but I'm hoping I feel good enough to enjoy being with my friends. If not I'll fake hard and crash when I get home =] I'm such a good faker I fool myself sometimes. But my mom is usually there to remind me how I've really been feeling! When people ask I just get so used to saying I'm OK that sometimes I really believe that I am...until I think for a minute about the week I just spent watching movies on my bed because I felt too sick to even sit up. Yeah, that's when it all comes back to me. I prefer to fool myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment