Sunday, August 8, 2010

My nutshell...

     Today I was finally able to get ready and go to church! I put on my lovely stockings, drugged myself up and started my very long, busy day.
8:15 Woke up and got ready.
9:10 Off to worship practice.
9:35 Practiced my special music for the morning service.
9:45 Helped teach Sunday school (thank you mom for taking over).
10:45 Sunday school is over.
11:00 Service starts.
1:30 Having lunch with about 30 other people at our house.
2:30 I sneak to my room to lay down and watch Bones =]
3:30 I update my blog.
3:32 Back to Bones!
*POTS update* I ate too much and my stomach is still upset but my drugs are working so my nausea isn't too bad! It's been a pretty good day so far.
4:35 Time to sleep.
5:30 Time to wake up for church
6:00 Church starts
6:15 I get an adoring look for the most wonderful boy =]
7:00 Church is done
7:15 Sunday Night Fusion at my house=Youth group comes over, we hang out, play games
7:30 Catchphrase has begun. Amazing game
8:00 Watch the boys (and Rachelle) play 500
9:30 Connor moves Andy's car. Which was possible because he left his keys on the dash with the window down
9:35 Andy finally finds his keys...right where he left them.
10:00 Everyone leaves and I update my blog post.
10:04 Trying to decide whether I am going to eat some lactose free ice cream covered in melted peanut butter...
10:05 Going to get said ice cream =]
10:09 Eating my delicious ice cream
10:10 Back to Bones
10:55 Spending time with my God
*Today's passage* Isaiah 38 Oh how perfect! This Chapter is entitled 'Hezekiah's Illness'.

Three things we can apply to our own illness' and troubles:
1) It is not wrong to be upset. v.3b After King Hezekiah was told by the prophet Isaiah that he was going to die he cried out to the Lord and then wept. He balled his eyes out! I struggle with the misconception that crying means I am not trusting God but that is just not true. He gives us emotions along with trials because he wants us to feel the pain. Not in a sadistic way but in a loving fatherly way. We need to experience the pain in order for God to use it for good in our lives.
2) It is not wrong to ask for healing. v.2-3a & 5 Hezekiah prayed for God to restore him and in return God gave him 15 extra years. God is the great physician! He knows and understands everything about POTS. He knows what symptoms I have and how they affect me, he knows what I've had to give up, he can see what is not functioning properly without doing any tests, he never bills my insurance, I don't have to worry about a co-pay and he sees me without an appointment!
3) Hezekiah was a writer. v.9-20 Yay!! He released his emotions, frustration and gratitude, by writing down what he felt. He starts out by expressing that he felt cheated. He then said that he was troubled which I think it's safe to compare being troubled to being depressed. It was hard on him emotionally. Then he switches gears by saying 'But what can I say?' He knew there was no point to complaining and staying down. He realizes that this happened to bring good in his life 'Surley it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish'. He trusted that God had a plan and a purpose.

11:35 I'm again blow away by God's sovereignty and power
11:37 Time to go to bed. I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment