Thursday, August 26, 2010

Isaiah 53 and me...

    Today starts my first day of online classes. I'm kinda nervous I'm gonna screw this up but generally excited to finally have something to do! Maybe now I won't feel so lazy. I am taking 15 course credits this semester so it shouldn't be too much to keep up with. One of my classes is Children's Literature and I basically get to read children's book for a grade...we'll see how much I actually like that. My other classes are US History, World Civilisation, and US Economics...Exciting stuff. I am currently thinking about attending Cornerstone University next fall for a degree in Performance (Contemporary Christian Music). It sounds like an exciting program and I have decided that whether or not I feel 'well enough' to go to school I am going to get on with my life and stop waiting for it to get better. It may never get better and I don't want to look back on my life and say it was unlived.
    I was reading in Isaiah last night. I read through chapter 53 and I realized that Jesus not only understands ultimate suffering He also understands my mundane sufferings as well. I encourage you to read this entire chapter. You will be blessed.
    Isaiah 53:3&4 "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted."
    He took on POTS. He knows what it feels like to live with POTS. I cannot identify with Him in suffering but He can identify with me. This whole chapter is really quite beautiful and amazing. It talks about Jesus' life and death long before He was ever born. But what is most amazing to me is that this chapter really emphasises Christ's sufferings in every stage of His life. From lack of beauty and afflictions to death on a cross. He suffered for me and He suffers with me. What an amazing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment