Monday, August 23, 2010

Here I am again...

    I left for New York at 8:00am Friday morning and arrived there 14 hours later. Graduation was long and emotional. I can't believe I was able to finish. This year has been one of the best years of my entire life and also one of the hardest (It amazes me how often those two coincide). I have been stretched and pushed in ways I didn't know were possible. I have been challenged and tested in areas I ignored in my life. God gave me the most amazing friends this year. I was so worried I would get a roommate that I would struggle with the entire year and not only did God answer that with more than one truly amazing roommate He also gave me amazing friends. I hadn't even thought to pray for friends in general but God gave me the perfect ones anyway. He's pretty amazing like that. The down side is that it kills when you no longer see them on a day to day basis...
    This year has brought on a lot of firsts... First year at college, First time on my own, First time going to ER, First time riding down a waterfall (not on purpose), First time I really saw God's sovereignty, First time I understood God's complete and unconditional love, First time counseling, First time I pulled a big prank, First time I apologized for pulling said prank, First time writing and giving devo's... I could never begin to fully describe or explain all that I have learned and all that God has taught me through out this last year. I know I have so much more to learn.
    POTS makes everything more difficult...I can't even explain. I'm trying to come up with something encouraging and positive about POTS but whatever I write will just be dishonest. I'm not in a good place, POTS is not a positive thing right now, and its has been extremely painful this past year but I will say this; Although I cannot see the good POTS will bring and although I have no idea how I am supposed to live my life with POTS I am certain of one thing...God has a purpose and NOTHING in this world is random or meaningless. I may be angry and confused and frustrated now but one day I will understand God's plan and I will be able to say this was one of the 'Best and hardest times of my life' as these two words together so often describe the times in our lives that have made us who we are.

1 comment:

  1. "God has a purpose and NOTHING in this world is random or meaningless."

    Amen, sister! Congrats on your milestone. Your blog touches my heart. Keep writing, praying, learning... God works through even the ickiest stuff!

    -emma t.

    ReplyDelete