Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bump in the road...

     School has been going really well so far. I'm starting to struggle to stay focused on my school work but I love being in the classroom once again. My POTS has been doing pretty good overall. I've had some relatively bad days but for the most parts it has come and gone in waves through out the day.
     I just recently discovered while trying to refill a perscription for Zofran that my new insurance company has decided to stop covering this amazing drug. To say I was upset would have been an understatment. This single drug quite literally got me through school this past year and it scares me to think that I might be headed down that oh too familiar path to unmanagable nausea. Dispite the dilligent work of my mother and doctor's office the insurance company has not budged from their desision to uproot my life.
     I am currently in contact with both my POTS doctor and my primary care physician to work on possibly finding a different drug that can manage my nausea but it's not looking to good at this point. I have been taking ginger root capsules which have been known to treat nausea. It's hard to tell at this point whether or not they are actually working but I hope and pray they will relieve me from my nausea. Although this has been quite stressful and frusterating I have resolved to leave the results up to God and let Him figure out this mess modern insurance has created. I know there must be a reason for this inconvienece and I am anxious for God to let me in on the secret.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment